Aussie In Seoul

Well here is the deal. I am Australian and just moved to Seoul with my wife to work in a 5 star hotel. I hope to share some of my thoughts and comments over the Years I am here!

Sunday, August 27, 2006

World Basketball Challenge Korea

We are trying to keep ourselves busy this summer and last week was not exception. After a few days of great dinners with friends we went to watch Team USA vs Lithuania. The teams were staying in our hotels so we were given some tickets to go and watch.

I am no basketball player, but grew to really enjoy the game after my 8 years in Hawaii. Me and the fraternity bros were regular at the UH games and got to watch some sensational games over the years including Hawaii's wins over Indiana and Duke. Good times.

Anyway back to Korea. So we had designated seats but as usual nobody was sitting in their assigned seats so we found the best seats we could which were excellent, and watched the game. It was an easy win for the USA, but most enjoyable was watching these NBA players really turning it on and playing some amazing basketball with of course heaps of slam dunks. Sadly though I am not up on this new generation of NBA players so their names did not mean much to me.

Have attached a few photos of the game. Enjoy.
We stayed on and watched the first half of the Korea and Italy game, but that was also heading for an easy win to Italy. We had to head to Iteawon for a Greek dinner at a place called Santorini. It was excellent by the way.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home