Aussie In Seoul

Well here is the deal. I am Australian and just moved to Seoul with my wife to work in a 5 star hotel. I hope to share some of my thoughts and comments over the Years I am here!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Golf was great, mum was here & had a massage

As I expected, golf last week was fantastic. I actually had one of my best games in a very long time. The caddy was also sensational making sure that I did make those impossible putts. I hope to play again soon!

After golf, we went to the annual German Chamber of Commerce Dinner and sadly it was a little boring. They did translation in German and Korean only, so as I speak neither of those languages, we just chatted amongst ourselves. Was surprised that the meal was not nice at all, as have had some good dinners at the Grand Hyatt. In any case we got home by 11pm, just as mum was being collected by driver & car at the airport. She got to our place around midnight.

So the weekend was spent all hanging out together, eating a lot, and shopping. It was very nice to have mum around. Also gave mum my log in and password for this site as my spelling and grammar is driving her crazy. (Thanks mum!)

Sadly mum left yesterday lunch time after 5 days. She has been out of Australia for almost a month, so looking forward to getting home.

If I never mentioned before, I happened to also be in charge of the Fitness Centre in the hotel, so yesterday around 1pm my Fitness Centre Manager came to me and told me that the current massage company has pulled their contract and we have to sign a new one. He has a very good candidate, and needs me to test his skills. "What, I have to find an hour to spare to take a massage!" Oh, let me think about it! "okay, 5pm! So at 5 I head up to the gym, take a shower and then let this new masseur unleash his skills for 90 minutes. Yes, a bonus 30 minutes! By 630pm I walked out of the gym on cloud nine, but am sure I am going to hurt a little tomorrow as I had him really deep tissue massage some of the sore spots! Oh, the things I have to do at work!

Today is Wednesday, it's election day in Seoul, so I have a holiday! Just relaxing. Two more days and we are off to the Philippines for a holiday!!!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 8:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you still peruse my lj every once in awhile. Thanks for the words of encouragement! I do know that the life led here is something that I'll always remember and could never hope to have an experience like this had I stayed in Canada. I noticed that you're going to the Philippines.. where are you going and for how long?

     
  • At 12:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey, have a nice time in the islands! will talk to clariza as soon as she gets back...im so excited to have her join me ta the pool! have a goo day, simon!

     
  • At 9:01 pm, Blogger Simon says said…

    Hi there. Yes so excited about the trip. But a 6am pick up in the morning! This trip to PI is all over. Will be in Manila, Cebu, Pampanga, Tagaytay, and Batangas. Very busy trip. But this weekend will be relaxing on the beach in Cebu!

     
  • At 8:50 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like the perks at your job are nothing to be scoffed at!

    Enjoy the Philippines - look forward to hearing about them on your return.

     
  • At 7:09 pm, Blogger Lazy Cook Easy Recipes said…

    LOL, just a few typos, but really, no sweat at all because the posts are interesting. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home