Aussie In Seoul

Well here is the deal. I am Australian and just moved to Seoul with my wife to work in a 5 star hotel. I hope to share some of my thoughts and comments over the Years I am here!

Sunday, May 21, 2006

First Korean Wedding

We have had a lot of firsts lately, and yesterday was no exception. A colleague of mine who I do business with has, over the past months, also become a good friend. He is Korean, and is the one we went on a day trip to Incheon area about a month ago. Well, he and his fiance got married yesterday and we attended the wedding.

It was held in a Catholic Church near Yoeido area. We were a little late thanks to crazy traffic Saturday (nothing new), but enjoyed their ceremony in Korean. After the ceremony we took a couple of photos with the bride and groom, then had an early dinner with some of the others attending the wedding. Thankfully I knew a few others who attended as they all work in other hotels in Seoul, so we all sat down and ate together, and chatted away (they were all ladies, so lots of talking).

As we left the church we could not say goodbye to the bride and groom as they were taking part in a traditional Korean wedding ceremony in traditional outfits. We watched for a while, then left the church as a group and caught the subway home.

Will try to add photos later.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home