Aussie In Seoul

Well here is the deal. I am Australian and just moved to Seoul with my wife to work in a 5 star hotel. I hope to share some of my thoughts and comments over the Years I am here!

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Korea Information

After now living in Korea for over 8 months, I have to say that the bulk of the information to assist us in our stay has come from some outstanding websites. I am going to detail below most of these websites and hope that if anyone is ever going to travel here, or lives here, it may assist. Of course some are better than others, but overall the quality of these sites regarding information is fantastic.

I am using the logos for these websites and I hope no one gets offended. Actually maybe I should be paid to promote their websites! Haha I dont have that many people looking at my site. In any case, enjoy, and hope that it helps.



If you want to know so much more about Seoul and Korea, and I mean really getting out there and exploring, well this site is for you. Join an international group who travel practically every weekend to differant parts of Korea for what I feel is very attractive rates.

Wonderful website with extensinve information about Korea, on what to do, where to go, where to eat, and just so much more. Will take time to fully explore this website, but well worth the tour!

Is a monthly English written magazine in Seoul. The website, gives a lot of up to date information on what is happening in Seoul, and then some. I read the magazine always, and have it in our hotel rooms. I also use the website for a quick find.

A great website with a lot of community information a job line, but overall is a good website for those new to Korea with help targeted for foreigners.

A think a hidden secret. Seoul Metropolitan Government has got this most amazing map website. You will need to do a small download for it to work, but please do so. Once you got it, then play with the navigation and you will be able to see any street, church, hospital, hotel, school in Seoul. It is a great site.

Really cool site, written by expats living in Seoul. Lots of updated information on the places to eat, the places to shop, and so much more. A great website to put under favourites. I have found some good information over the past months.

Another very detailed website on Korea, that has so many links to great information. Another one I am sure used by a lot of people.

Since I seem to be fixated on the cold weather of Seoul as I can never work out really how cold it is, I always go to this weather site. It seems to be pretty accurate, and is the only weather site I use in Korea.

Community forum Board on Korea. For me, is pretty good, but not as many users as Dave's ESL. In any case it focuses less on jobs and more on the overall questins and answers about Korea. Keep it in favourites.

Dave's ESL Cafe, the undisputed champion Korea forum website, with hundreds of expats in Seoul using in on a regular basis to ask the questions and give the answers we really want to know. For those in the teaching world, then it is a must to check this one out on a regular basis. But even me, who is not a teacher, reads this site at least three times a week.

A very good website if you want to know what is really happening in the news. It focuses on the main articles in the various newspapers, including Korean, and gives it to you in English. A must read for me a few times a week.

So if you are a Aussie / Kiwi, this is the group for you. I am guilty of the fact that we have not joined but will do so this year. They seem to have a lot going on, and seem to provide heaps of activities for the ladies.

Now, I am sure I have missed a few other key websites, and would appreciate any feedback if I should add some. Have a great weekend!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 2:16 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    awesome compilation of useful websites.. I'll be sure to keep these bookmarked! Thanx!

     
  • At 2:26 pm, Blogger Kurios1978 said…

    Welcome to Korea...

    Great list of sites. Unfortunately though, a lot of some other useful sites are in Korean.

    Anyway, thanks for dropping by the blog

     
  • At 7:26 pm, Anonymous hydrea 500 mg price said…

    Votrient 400mg tablet is utilized to treat kidney cancer. It might furthermore be used to treat several various kinds of cancer. Pazopanib has a place with a class of medications known as tyrosine kinase inhibitors. It works by diminishing the blood gracefully to the cancer tumor to slow tumor development.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home