Aussie In Seoul

Well here is the deal. I am Australian and just moved to Seoul with my wife to work in a 5 star hotel. I hope to share some of my thoughts and comments over the Years I am here!

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Its cold!

So few words over the past weeks, but happy to report that we are both back in Korea, and trying to survive the back end of the winter season. This weekend is the Chinese Lunar New Year, so a three day weekend. What does that mean for us?.. well we are just going to hang out in Seoul, eat some good food, hang out with friends, but just spend lots of time relaxing... oh yeah, and maybe go to the gym a couple of times! Hey dont laugh, I am trying to keep the weight in double digits! What to do?

At the end of this month we hit the 8 month barrier in Korea. It really is going fast, and actually we are so excited about this year. We have set some big goals, so at the end of the year we will let you know if we achieved them!

Tommorow is Australia Day. I think I will have a nice lunch with the chefs in the hotel, then in the evening Clariza has promised me she will eat a juicy aussie steak in the Australian Grill with me! Ahh, the sacrifices she has to make married to an Aussie! Aussie, aussie, aussie! Of course we will have a nice bottle of Aussie wine, (this will win her over!) and I will beg the pastry chef to make a Pavlova or even a Lamington! (In my dreams)

Still need to download our photos from the Christmas trip, so when that is done we will have a few more pics for the site.

And a big -kai- to my Beta Brothers. There seems to be a bit of momentum going amongst a lot of the brothers catching up, and sharing emails, and laughs. We even have a nice blog beginning. http://epsilonrhorongo.blogspot.com/
For those that do know, or dont, in 1990, my first semester in college in Hawaii, I was dragged along to a cocktail party that ended up being a recruitment drive for the Beta Theta Pi fraternity. Somehow, I made the decision to be a pledge for the Betas, and then from that day, my adult life has been shaped in part, or significantly by my days in the fraternity. I would have to say, one of the best decisions I ever made. To this day, my fraternity, and my brothers are still very much part of my life, even with the great distances that seperate us. There is almost nothing I wouldn't do for my brothers, even today, over 15 years since I joined. Enough of that stuff... but in any case great to be able to share my life with them too.

Well thats all for now. Its getting late, and I got to work early tommorow. Words and photos soon!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home